Residence Coordinator Team Leader
Only returning members who were previously on staff as a Junior Advisor may apply for the Residence Coordinator Team Leader position.
- Act as a resources for both the Junior Advisors and residents
- Meet with Junior Advisors, custodial staff, and the appropriate members of the Office of Residence Life and Health Education to discuss the events going on during within the residence
- Plan programs for the members of your residence
- Evaluate and provide feedback for the Junior Advisors working within your residence
- Attend meetings with other residence life staff members as a residence and as an entire staff
The goal of JARC programming is to offer residents a wide variety of exciting and engaging events within the residence hall, in the wider Bates campus, and in the surrounding community. Participating in these programs should help residents build a stronger connection with each other and create a positive climate within the residence. Often times, our staff members will plan small programs for their particular center or residence, but programs can also be run in conjunction with another staff member or as a larger staff group. Residence Life staff members each have a small budget to help provide unique and well-received programs for their residents.
Residence Coordinators and Residence Coordinator Team Leaders are required to offer at least three programs per semester, one of which must fit an educational theme. In addition, RCTLs must conduct one social late night program per semester.
Residence Coordinator/Team Leader Resources