- Inform upper-class students in your residence hall of campus events
- Meet with the custodial staff and appropriate members of the Office of Residence Life and Health Education to discuss the well being of the house
- Create programs throughout the semester for your residents
- Know your residents on an individual level to build community within your reisdence
- Attend meetings with other residence life staff members as a building and as an entire staff
The goal of JARC programming is to offer residents a wide variety of exciting and engaging events within the residence hall, in the wider Bates campus, and in the surrounding community. Participating in these programs helps residents build a stronger connection with each other and create a positive climate within the residence. Often times, our staff members will plan small programs for their particular center or residence, but programs can also be run in conjunction with another staff member or as a larger staff group. Residence Life staff members each have a small budget to help provide unique and well-received programs for their residents.
Residence Coordinators and Residence Coordinator Team Leaders are required to offer at least three programs for their residents per semester, one of which must fit an educational theme. In addition, RCs must conduct one social late night program each semester.