Annual Benefits Enrollment Information
The 2014 Annual Benefits Enrollment period to make new elections begins on Monday, November 11h and concludes at midnight on Wednesday, November 27th.
See the 2014 Benefits Enrollment Guide for an overview of things to consider during this year’s enrollment.
You will make your benefit elections for 2014 online through the Garnet Gateway. See the Online Annual Enrollment Tutorial for More Information.
There are links to more detailed information on your benefit plan options and frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding this years enrollment.
- 2014 Medical & Dental Plan Information
- 2014 Reimbursement Account Information
- 2014 Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Information
- Special Enrollment Notice
- Information on Eligibility for coverage under the CHIPs program
2014 Annual Benefits Enrollment Highlights:
- CIGNA will continue as our new Medical Plan Carrier, for coverage questions call 1-800-244-6224 (CIGNA24)
- All co-pays, deductibles, cost sharing percentages and total out-of-pocket limits remain the same except the lifetime limit on infertility treatments has been removed
- CIGNA’s Open Access Plus (OAP) is a PPO style plan
- CIGNA’s Open Access Plus in-network only (OAPin) is an HMO style plan as you must see a CIGNA network provider to receive coverage
- The Open access Plus in-network only (OAPin) -HMO style plan is now the lower cost plan upon which college contributions are based
- Bates now contributes a higher percentage towards the cost of the Dental Plan for Dependents
- Effective January 1, 2014 no one newly opting out of medical or dental coverage will receive an opt out credit. Those employees currently opting out will continue to receive a credit.
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability Insurance through UNUM remains unchanged
- The maximum you can contribute in 2014 to the Healthcare Reimbursement Account is $2,500
Online enrollment will feature email notifications as well as online ability to apply for the Health Insurance Contribution Credit or Higher Dependent Care Subsidy Amounts.