Annual Benefits Enrollment Information
The 2013 Annual Benefits Enrollment period to make new elections begins on Monday, November 5th and concludes at midnight on Tuesday, November 20th.
See the 2013 Benefits Enrollment Guide for an overview of things to consider during this year’s enrollment.
You will make your benefit elections for 2012 online through the Garnet Gateway. See the Online Annual Enrollment Tutorial for More Information.
There are links to more detailed information on your benefit plan options and frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding this years enrollment.
- 2013 medical and dental plan information
- 2013reimbursement account information
- 2013 life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance information
2013 Annual Benefits Enrollment Highlights:
- CIGNA is our new Medical Plan Carrier, for pre-enrollment coverage questions before January 1st call 1-800-244-6224 (CIGNA24) and say “Enrollment Information” at the prompt
- All co-pays, deductibles, cost sharing percentages and total out-of-pocket limits remain the same
- CIGNA’s Open Access Plus (OAP) will replace the Aetna POS
- CIGNA’s Open Access Plus in-network only (OAPin) will replace the Aetna HMO
- The Open access Plus in-network only (OAPin) -HMO style plan is now the lower cost plan upon which college contributions are based
- Contributions will now be required for all coverage levels
- Dental plan premiums increased by $2 a month over 2012 rates
- The $50,000 maximum cap for Bates Paid Life Insurance has been eliminated
- Most employees age 40+ will see a reduction in their supplemental life rates. However, if you or your covered spouse or partner entered a new 5-year age bracket (age 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 etc. by 12/31/2013) you may want to review your new premium costs.
- The maximum you can contribute in 2013 to the Healthcare Reimbursement Account is $2,500 (required by Obama Care).
Online enrollment will feature email notifications as well as online ability to apply for the Health Insurance Contribution Credit or Higher Dependent Care Subsidy Amounts.