United Way of Androscoggin County is a volunteer driven, community problem-solving organization. Central services include volunteer allocation process, local assessment of needs, community building initiatives and information and referral.
Phone: (207) 795-4000
Web site: www.unitedwayandro.org
EXAMPLES OF HOW YOUR GIFT MAKES A DIFFERENCE:
(based on 26 pay periods a year)
- $1 per pay period ($26 per year)
- Provides hand lenses for Hog Island Seaside Explorers children’s program on Maine Audubon’s Hog Island/Todd Wildlife Sanctuary off the coast of Bremen.(MS)
- Will provide one Multiple Sclerosis client scholarship to attend a 6-week aquatics class. (CHCM)
- Provides transportation for one person to substance abuse counseling services for a year. (UW)
- $2 per pay period ($52 per year)
- Sends a school team of four educators to an MAAE professional development seminar in arts education.(MS)
- provides approximately 920 pounds of food to a food bank or 21 (UW) hot meals delivered to a homebound elderly person.
-provides a child with 10 weeks of child care. (UW)