Bates College maintains two separate plans providing retirement benefits, the Bates College Money Purchase Pension Plan (Bates College Pension Plan) and the Bates College 403(b) Retirement Plan (Bates College Savings Plan). In order to participate in the Bates College Pension Plan, or receive a college matching contribution from the Bates College Savings Plan, the employee must be classified in a benefit status of half-time or more. All employees regardless of their status can contribute to the Bates College Savings Plan. If a non-benefit eligible employee exceeds 1000 hours in an employment year, he or she will become eligible to participate in both the Bates College Pension Plan and receive a college matching contribution on the first of the month following the anniversary of their employment year.
Click on the links below to find out more about our retirement benefit plan.
- NEW: Virtual Environment Live/On Demand Webinar Schedule
- Bates TIAA-CREF Microsite
- TIAA Contract Comparison Chart and the TIAA Traditional Annuity
- Investment Choices
- Instructions to enroll in a plan online
- View an online enrollment demo
- Online Tools and Resources
- Bates College Pension Plan
- Bates College 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Salary Reduction Agreement
Latest update: 02/24/14