Guiding Principles of Performance Development
We have incorporated the following guiding principles in designing the Bates College Performance Development System:
- Foster an ongoing, supportive climate of dialogue between employees and supervisors that builds stronger relationships
- Align the college’s mission and values with performance expectations and build connections to the Bates community
- Facilitate individual performance development and growth
- Be a dynamic process that allows for changes throughout the year
- Identify employees who are in need of additional coaching and counseling and support collaborative development of performance improvement plans
- Provide consistency and sustainability across the campus for performance development
- Support and strengthen the reputation of Bates College as a good employer.
Year End Review
Questions about how to prepare for your year end review or what you need to do? Take a look at our Performance Development Year End Review presentation for tips to help you get ready!