Access to the Internet Using BatesGuest
Bates provides wireless access (via the BatesGuest SSID) as a courtesy to guests and visitors. Here are the simple connection instructions.
To Connect with a Windows Computer:
- Turn on wireless capability (if not automatic)
- Right click on wireless icon in system tray
- Choose View Available Wireless Connections
- Choose BatesGuest [NOTE: there is no security with this connection]
- Click Connect
To Connect with a Macintosh Computer:
- Turn on Airport
- Click on Airport icon to View Wireless Available Connections
- Choose BatesGuest
- Click OK
Launch a web browser, select “Bates Visitors” on the Network Access Control page and enter your first name, last name and your contact email address. Click the “Submit” button. You should now be registered on the Bates wireless network.
Things to keep in mind
• Access is granted for a period of 24 hours after which you will have to register again.
• Connection to outside services is not guaranteed.
• Printing is not available.
• Accounts are subject to the Bates Computer Use Policy & Computing and Electronic Resources Access Policy.
• If you need higher levels of access such as Lab computers or Podiums, please contact Help Desk Services at (207) 786-8222.