Bradford Network Connection Instructions
1) Connect to the “Bates” wireless network (Password: Bobcat1855) or plug into a student wired network port.
2) Please verify that you have anti-virus software installed and up-to-date. Anti-virus software is required for both Macintosh and Windows computer. If you do not have anti-virus software you can download Sophos, available for free for Mac or for Windows.
3) Open a web browser. If you are not automatically taken to the Bates College Network Access Control page, type in http://cmappvip.bates.edu/registration/
4) Across from Bates Users click the Start link.
5) Enter your Bates username and password to download the Bradford Persistent Agent.
6) Install the Bradford Persistent Agent.
7) A Bradford window will appear asking for your Bates username and password. Please make sure you are the owner of this computer before entering your credentials.
8) Bradford will run a brief scan of your computer. If your computer passes, Bradford will report that “You have been successfully registered” followed by “Your network connection is being reconfigured. Please be patient.” Once this window disappears, please restart your computer. Once restarted, you should be fully online.
If you have any problem or if Bradford gives you an error message, please see the troubleshooting page or contact Help Desk Services at (207) 786-8222.