Visitor Network Access FAQ’s
- How will my visitor be notified when their network account is available?
- Once the Visitor Network Access request has been processed, an e-mail message will be sent to the visitor’s college sponsor.
- Credentials for Wireless Network Access (Limited or Full) requests will be e-mailed to the visitor.
- Credentials for Bates Lab or Podium Access will be sent to the college sponsor via campus mail or may be claimed at the Reference Desk in The George and Helen Ladd Library.
- I have a group of individuals visiting campus and would like to provide them with a visitor network account. Do I need to create a separate request for each visitor?
- Contact Help Desk Services at (207) 786-8222 before creating the request(s). For groups of a particular size there may be additional options available. Help Desk Services would be glad to consult with you and provide you with recommendations.
- My guest has arrived to campus but cannot connect to the wireless network or login. What options are available for troubleshooting.
- Visitors are welcome to visit Help Desk Services located in the George and Helen Ladd Library for basic troubleshooting assistance. Professional Staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Student Support is available during building hours, including evenings and weekends. We recommend that guest bring their computers and power supply/adapter with them.
- The type of access I requested for my visitor requires anti-virus software which is not installed on their computer. Does Bates provide anti-virus software for visitors.
- No. There are many anti-virus applications available on the Internet for free. Please have your visitor contact Help Desk Services at (207) 786-8222 so we may discuss options and make recommendations.
About anti-virus back-to-school bradford certificates connecting contact FAQ's file sync firefox forms Gmail groups help install ios iphone ldap lists macintosh paris password pdf podium presentation proxy remote access scanning security setup sophos thunderbird tips user-guide visitors web windows wireless