Adding a Network Printer to a Macintosh OS X 10.5+
NOTE: For Printers in Ladd Library, see these instructions for Setting up the Macintosh Client.
- Find the name and printer model of the printer closest to you.
Canton (Academic Printers)
Lincoln (Administrative Printers)
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper right of the screen and choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Print and Fax icon.
- Click the Add button
- Click the Advanced tab
NOTE: To show the Advanced tab, control/click (right click), choose customize, and drag the advance button to that window, then you can proceed (it is not there by default).
- Under the Type drop down menu, select Windows (At the bottom of the list) [A]
- [B] Device = pulldown choice: Another device
- [C]In the URL field type:
smb://macprint:del1sh@bcis/canton/<name of printer>
Example: smb://macprint:del1sh@bcis/canton/Pgill-126-A NOTE: BE SURE TO TYPE: del1 (“de” letter “l” then number “1″) before sh@bcis…
- Consult the list of Academic/Public printers on Canton for correct names.
- Fill in the Name and Location [D] with the name of the printer
- Under the Print Using drop down menu, select Select a driver to use…
- In the search field, begin typing the Manufacturer (usually “HP”) and then the model number.
- Consult the list of common campus network printers models (not all inclusive) for this information.
- Once you find your printer in the list, select it and click Add
- Check off the installed options for your printer
- Click continue
B. Final Steps:
When you print your first document to this printer, a window will pop-up asking you for your Name and Password.
- Enter bcis followed by your Bates username. Type in your Bates password. Select to Remember this password in my keychain and click OK.
About anti-virus back-to-school bradford certificates connecting contact FAQ's file sync firefox forms Gmail groups help install ios iphone ldap lists macintosh paris password pdf podium presentation proxy remote access scanning security setup sophos thunderbird tips user-guide visitors web windows wireless