Adding a Secure Master Password in Thunderbird E-mail
Storing passwords in any application, particularly with regard to internet access needs a secure master password. These instructions help you to set that password.
A. On a Windows computer Open Thunderbird :
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- Click on Privacy
- Click on Passwords
- Place a checkmark in Use a master password to encrypt stored password
- Click Set Master Password button
B. On a Mac, Click on Thunderbird:
- Click on Preferences
- Click on Advanced
- Click Master password button
- Click Set master password
Type in a password that is a mixture of letters (both upper and lower case) and numbers – and is not a word
- Observe the Password quality meter to see how strong a password you have typed in – the greater the bar is filled in the stronger the password
- Click OK
- Click OK and the Master Password has been set.
- Click OK to exit the Options or Preferences window.