iOS Setup for Bates Google (Full)
These instructions will provide you with the steps for full email, calendar and contacts syncing between your iOS device and Bates Google Apps. As a security measure please be aware that these settings will require you to setup a PIN to unlock your device. If you do not want a PIN on your device, please see the instructions for iOS Setup (Basic).
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account…
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Fill out the following information
Email: <your full Bates email address>
Domain: <leave blank>
Username: <your full Bates email address> ex. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: <your Bates network password>
Description: Bates Gmail
- Tap Next
- For Server: enter m.google.com
- Tap Done
- On your iOS device, open the Safari app and go to m.google.com/sync
- If you are signed in to another Gmail account, you will need to sign out first. Click on Sign in With Your Google Account.
- You will be taken to a Google login page. Enter your full Bates email address in the address field. DO NOT enter your network password. Click the Sign In button.
- At the Bates Federated Authentication Service page, enter your Bates username and network password. Click Login.
- At the Google Sync device list, tap on each of your iOS devices, check the box labeled Enable Delete Email as Trash for the devices. Press Save. At the bottom of the page, press Sign Out.
- Please verify that you are receiving email messages for the “Bates Gmail” account in the Mail App.