New Voicemail Launch Information
At 7:00 am, Information and Library Services launched the new campus voicemail system. Some of the new features include…
- The ability to interact with your voicemail using a web browser (http://voicemail.bates.edu)
- Email notifications of new voicemail messages.
- The ability to send voicemail messages to multiple people.
- Easily record and manage your out-of-office greeting.
To access your voicemail box…
- dial 6789 or 207-777-6789 from off campus.
- Enter your security code. (If you are setting up your voicemail box for the first time, the default code is 22837.)
- The menu system is almost identical to the previous voicemail system. A complete list of menu options is available at http://www.bates.edu/ils/files/2013/08/Voicemail-quick-reference.pdf.
To access previous voicemail messages and messages that may have arrived before 7 am this morning…
- Dial 6104 or 207-786-6104 from off campus.
- At the greeting, press #.
- Enter your extension number.
- Enter your Old security code.
You will now receive an email notification whenever a new voicemail message is left for you. You can call into voicemail to review your message (6789) or use the new web based VoiceMail Manager (http://voicemail.bates.edu) to listen to your message. The web based VoiceMail Manager is not compatible with mobile phones and tablets.
A copy of the Voicemail basics can be found at http://www.bates.edu/ils/2012/how-do-i/telephones/voicemail/.
Printed Bates VoiceMail Pocket Guides will be distributed to Administrative Assistants or can be viewed at http://www.bates.edu/ils/files/2013/08/Bates-Voicemail-Pocket-Guide.pdf.
Classroom based training on the new VoiceMail Manager will be offered starting next week. For a list of times and to sign-up, login to your Garnet Gateway account, click on Events and select VoiceMail Manager Training.
If you have any questions or problems with voicemail, please contact Help Desk Services at (207) 786-8222.