Retired Faculty and Faculty Members on Pre-Retirement Leave
- A computer workstation and standard technical support (including printing
and other network services) will be provided for retired faculty members
on pre-retirement leaves who continue to maintain an office on campus.
- When possible, faculty members in these circumstances will continue to
computer workstation already assigned to them prior to their retirement.
- If their computer workstations are slated for replacement during the
pre-retirement leave, ILS will provide a replacement whose performance
is sufficient for the
duration of the pre-retirement leave.
- If a faculty member does not maintain a campus office during pre-retirement
leave, a laptop can be provided, depending upon availability. The laptop
must be returned
to the College at the end of the pre-retirement leave. The laptop will
receive standard technical support during the pre-retirement leave.
- At the end of pre-retirement leave, all College-owned computing equipment
must be returned to the College, unless prior approval has been obtained
Dean of the Faculty.
- No at-home computer support is provided for College-owned home computers,
whether it is an ILS supplied machine or one purchased by individual departments
Faculty members may bring College-owned home computers to Computer Sales
and Service at 110 Russell St. for troubleshooting and repair.