Event Program Details & Registration
The event program will include the following workshops and presentations:
- How to Make the Most of Your High School Career – A candid conversation on creating balance, maintaining focus and enjoying high school.
- Creating A College List & Conducting The College Search – Step-by-step, our experts will help you identify the key questions as you begin to decide which colleges you might apply to. Once you have an idea of which schools you are interested in, what do you do? Admission professionals will walk you through the campus visit, interviewing, and much more.
- Mock Admission Application Read (including tips on essays) – The tables are turned. You become the Admission Committee, and you decide who is admitted. (Mock Applications will be provided at registration.)
- How to Ace Your College Interview- The interview is a school’s best chance to meet the person behind the credentials. Learn the types of things colleges look for during your interview and tips and strategies for acing your college interview.
- Affording College – You have your list, you know where you are applying, how will you afford it? Our financial aid professionals will talk you through the ins and outs of the process.
- Bates Campus Tour – Current students will guide you on a comprehensive tour of the Bates Campus. Warning: Campus may have changed since you were last here!
Please Note: We encourage prospective students to schedule an interview with a representative from our Admission Office during the two days you are on campus. The interview offers students the opportunity to ask questions about their areas of interest and about the application process. Interviews will only be offered for seniors in high school. If you are interested in scheduling an interview, please call the Office of Admission after May 1, 2014 at 1-855-BATES55 (855-228-3755).
Click here to see the program schedule of events. A finalized schedule will be provided to you when checking-in at registration.Please Register Online by Wednesday, June 11, 2014