After running into each other at the start of their rafting trip (The Bates sweatshirt was the dead giveaway), Victoria Wagman ’88 of Silver Spring, Maryland, and Herbert Knight ’46 of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, enjoyed telling tales of Bates during the 280-mile adventure down the Grand Canyon last June. “It was fun listening to a fellow Batesie,” wrote Wagman.
Class Notes are compiled from reports by class secretaries or from newspapers, press releases, or letters to the Alumni Office or magazine.To submit class notes, write to your class secretary (listed at the head of your class notes) or to Editor, Bates: The Alumni Magazine, 141 Nichols Street, Lewiston, Maine 04240. Send changes of address to: Alumni Office, Bates College, 2 Andrews Road, Lewiston, Maine 04240.You may also e-mail your information to Bates: The Alumni Magazine, at email@example.com.
- William Worthy ’42 Journalist, civil-rights activist, remains as vigilant as ever
- Barbara Chick ’50 Doctor’s gift helps medical students communicate
- John Strassburger ’64 Encouraged to “aim high”, he hits mark as new Ursinus president
- Jim Mulholland ’84 Internet entrepreneur hits the mother lode
- David Chokachi ’90 World’s most popular TV series lands a Batesie
Back Issues 2008-1995
- Back Issues 2008-1995