These members of the Bates College community recently represented Bates at presidential inaugurations.
- Michael W. Bonney ’81 at the inauguration of Brian M. Barefoot P’92 as president of Babson College on Sept. 20, 2002.
- Mark P. Cauchon ’78 at the inauguration of John E. Sexton as president of New York Univ. on Sept. 26, 2002.
- Robert E. Dunn ’50 and Gladys Bovino Dunn ’51 at the inauguration of Richard H. Hersh as president of Trinity College on Sept. 22, 2002.
- Henry J. Hintermeister P’06 at the inauguration of Lee C. Bollinger as president of Columbia Univ. on Oct. 3, 2002.
- Katharine J. Howells ’58 at the inauguration of Michael S. Bassis as president of Westminster College on Oct. 19, 2002.
- Frederick C. Kaemmer ’92 and Katherine R. Tilney ’92 at the inauguration of Robert A. Oden Jr. as president of Carleton College on Oct. 26, 2002.
- William F. Locke ’85 at the inauguration of Rebecca S. Chopp as president of Colgate Univ. on Sept. 29, 2002.
- Lee S. MacPhee ’76 at the inauguration of Jo Ann M. Gora as chancellor of the UMass-Boston on Sept. 27, 2002.
The date of death for Heidi Mollenhauer ’90 was incorrect in the summer issue of this magazine. The correct date is July 19, 2000. The obituary published for Jason R. Lewis ’37 in the summer issue inadvertently did not mention that he is also survived by his sister, Ruth Lewis Abrams ’39, and his brother, Howard Lewis.