By Bates News. Published on May 8, 2009
Facilities Master Plan: Forum, Open Houses start May 13
Bates College is updating its 2004 Facilities Master Plan. The Facilities Master Plan addresses current and future needs for the buildings, open spaces and facilities that compose the campus. It establishes a framework for phased improvements.
The Plan extends a vision that respects valued campus qualities and provides future guidance to enhance the unique living/learning environment of the College. Phase I of the original Facilities Master Plan has been largely completed.
The College will update the Facilities Master Plan through a process that began in March and will be completed in January, 2010. The update will:
- Revisit the original Plan and review key assumptions
- Consider changes to reflect emerging needs or changing circumstances
- Provide more detailed studies of the choices ahead
- Confirm or revise the future phasing of improvements
- Establish the framework for improvements for the next five to seven years
The Update will be guided by the College’s Master Planning Steering Committee,composed of members of the administration, faculty and trustees. The planning process has been organized to be informative and inclusive, providing many opportunities for discussion.
The entire Bates community is invited to a Campus Forum 3-5 p.m. Wednesday, May 13 in Rooms 221-222 new Commons. Topics will include:
- Master Plan Update: Goals and Process
- Discussion of Key Issues
- Your Ideas: Opportunities for the Future
There also will be “open houses,” noon-1:30 p.m. May 13 and 3-5 p.m. May 20 in Rooms 221 new Commons
These sessions will provide an opportunity to:
- Meet the planning team
- Provide input on key issues
- Discuss your ideas
Comments are closed.
News & Updates
Bates Communications Office
141-145 Nichols St.
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Phone: 1-207-786-6330 email@example.com