Bates Commencement 2013: Press KitBates Commencement 2014: Press Kit
Bates College held its 147th Commencement on Sunday, May 26 in Merrill Gymnasium.
The college conferred honorary degrees on four leaders in the realms of sustainability and business, environmental history and preservation, education, and medicine and medical research. The ceremony concluded with the graduation of 436 seniors, each of whom received either a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree.
The Bates Communications Office makes the following resources available for the use of journalists reporting on the event. (NOTE: Some links won’t be active until May 26 or later.) Thanks for your interest in Bates!
Contact: Roland Adams, Director of Media Relations
Office 207-786-6330 | Cell 603-359-2496 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Commencement 2013
- What happened at Bates’ 147th Commencement
- The class of 2013, by the numbers: Where they’re from and what they studied
- Commencement announcement with honorand biographies (April 23, 2013)
- Commencement traditions at Bates
Commencement 2013 in sound and image (an audio slideshow of Bates staff images to be posted after May 28, 2013)
Flickr photo galleries of the Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies (to be posted after May 28, 2013)
Download high-resolution portraits of the honorands (open image and right-click or control-click to download):
- Honorary degree citations and conferrals
- Hirshberg address
- Address by senior speaker Thomas Holmberg ’13
- Commencement program (PDF will be posted during the week of May 27)