Attend an Information Session
Information Sessions for all students interested in off-campus study at any point in the 2018-2019 academic year:
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Olin Concert Hall; 7pm and 9pm.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please see Mrs. Palmer in the Center for Global Education, 9am-4pm, 124 Roger Williams Hall; call the office (786-6223); login to BatesReach.
At your first meeting you can expect to discuss
- your academic plans and ideas
- our guidelines and requirements
- Bates’ semester balance enrollment policy
- the range of off-campus study possibilities
- the application process
- and all of your questions and concerns
To best prepare for your first meeting
- Consult with a faculty member about how off-campus study fits into your four-year plan of study at Bates.
- Familiarize yourself with the information outlined in the Issues to Consider and the FAQ & Key Policies pages.
- Look over the off-campus study opportunities and explore the links to the program web sites.
- Read the student evaluations of programs on the program pages.
- MOST IMPORTANT – RELAX. You are not expected to have a complete plan at your meeting.
- You may decide to remain at Bates — that is fine, too.