Make an Appointment
Drop by the Off-Campus Study Office in 124 Roger Williams Hall or call Mrs. Vincent (786-6223) to make an appointment to meet with Dean Sawyer or Mr. Das. This meeting is mandatory for anyone considering off-campus study.
At your first meeting you can expect to discuss
- your academic plans and ideas
- our guidelines and requirements
- Bates’ semester balance enrollment policy
- the range of off-campus study possibilities
- the application process
- and all of your questions and concerns
To best prepare for your first meeting
- Consult with a faculty member about how off-campus study fits into your four-year plan of study at Bates.
- Familiarize yourself with the information outlined in the Issues to Consider and the FAQ & Key Policies pages.
- Look over the off-campus study opportunities; explore the links to the program web sites or look through the program files in the Off-Campus Study library (122 Roger Williams Hall).
- Read the student evaluations of programs on the program pages and in the Off-Campus Study library.
- MOST IMPORTANT – RELAX. You are not expected to have a complete plan at your meeting.
- You may decide to remain at Bates — that is fine, too.