Attend a Information Session for Sophomores
The Off-Campus Study Information Session is scheduled for Wednesday, September 23 at 7pm in Olin Concert Hall. An alternate session, for those unable to attend the Wednesday session, will be held on Thursday, September 24 at 12 (noon) in Commons 221.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please see Mrs. Palmer in the Off-Campus Study Office, 9am-4pm, 124 Roger Williams Hall; or call the office (786-6223).
At your first meeting you can expect to discuss
- your academic plans and ideas
- our guidelines and requirements
- Bates’ semester balance enrollment policy
- the range of off-campus study possibilities
- the application process
- and all of your questions and concerns
To best prepare for your first meeting
- Consult with a faculty member about how off-campus study fits into your four-year plan of study at Bates.
- Familiarize yourself with the information outlined in the Issues to Consider and the FAQ & Key Policies pages.
- Look over the off-campus study opportunities; explore the links to the program web sites or look through the program files in the Off-Campus Study library (122 Roger Williams Hall).
- Read the student evaluations of programs on the program pages and in the Off-Campus Study library.
- MOST IMPORTANT – RELAX. You are not expected to have a complete plan at your meeting.
- You may decide to remain at Bates — that is fine, too.