- 04.13.11 | President Elaine Tuttle Hansen announces her plan to step down as president of Bates College, effective June 30, 2011.
- 04.13.11 | The Board of Trustees announces the appointment of Nancy J. Cable, Vice President and Dean of Enrollment and Externals Affairs, as Interim President.
- 05.13.11 | The Board of Trustees announces the appointment of trustees Valerie Smith ’75 and Michael Chu ’80, P’12 as co-chairs of the Presidential Search Committee.
- 05.13.11 | The Board of Trustees announces the hiring of search consultants Storbeck-Pimentel to assist in the Presidential search process.
- 05.23.11 | The Board of Trustees announces the full formation of the Presidential Search Committee.
- 05.23.11 | Members of the Presidential Search Committee begin a series of listening sessions across campus with faculty, staff and students.
- 06.01.11 | The college launches the Presidential Search website
- 06.11.11 | Members of the Presidential Search Committee host listening sessions with alumni during Reunion Weekend 2011.
- 06.15.11 | The Presidential Search committee, in consultation with Storbeck-Pimentel, complete the Presidential Prospectus and officially begin the search process, inviting nominations for Bates’ next leader.
- 06.15.11 | Advertising for position of President of Bates College begins.
- July to September | The Presidential Search Committee continues to reach out and develop the candidate pool for review and consideration by the Search Committee.
- Early Fall | The Presidential Search Committee will reconvene to review the status of outreach efforts and begin the review the candidate pool.