Bates Credit System
When completing an application for graduate study or an employer students and alumni may need more information regarding the Bates credit system.
All courses offered in the fall and winter semester carry one credit; all curriculum offerings in the Short Term are also accorded one course credit. For students or alumni needing to translate a Bates course credit into “semester hours” we recommend that each credit be evaluated as equivalent to four semester hours.
Dates & Deadlines
- October 31 – Last day for withdrawal for Fall 2014 semester courses (drops)
- November 1 – 7: Registration for Winter 2015 semester
- November 14: Petitions due TO faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- November 21: Petitions due FROM faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- December 1: Winter 2015 registration adjustment period (add/drop) period opens for all students