Bates Credit System
When completing an application for graduate study or an employer students and alumni may need more information regarding the Bates credit system.
All courses offered in the fall and winter semester carry one credit; all curriculum offerings in the Short Term are also accorded one course credit. For students or alumni needing to translate a Bates course credit into “semester hours” we recommend that each credit be evaluated as equivalent to four semester hours.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens