International Baccalaureate Policy
Students may be awarded credit for an International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) programs according to the faculty policy for International Baccalaureate.
Credit is awarded only upon receipt of the official International Baccalaureate transcript with the examination scores.
The IB Subjects must be equivalent to subjects taught at Bates, with “English” accepted only if the focus was on literature rather than language instruction. For courses taken in the “Higher Level Subjects” category, one Bates course credit may be awarded for each IB course with an examination grade of 5. Two Bates course credits may be awarded for each IB course with examination grades of 6 or 7. For courses taken in the “Subsidiary Level Subjects” category, one course credit may be awarded for each course with an examination grade of 6 or 7. A maximum of eight International Baccalaureate credits may be applied to the Bates academic record.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens