International Baccalaureate Policy
Students may be awarded credit for an International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) programs according to the faculty policy for International Baccalaureate.
Credit is awarded only upon receipt of the official International Baccalaureate transcript with the examination scores.
- The IB subjects must be equivalent to subjects taught at Bates, with “English” accepted only if the focus was on literature rather than language instruction.
- For courses taken in the “Higher Level Subjects” category:
1.0 Bates course credit - examination grade of 5
2.0 Bates course credits - examination grades of 6 or 7
- For courses taken in the “Subsidiary Level Subjects” category:
1.0 Bates course credit - examination grade of 6 or 7
- A maximum of 8.0 International Baccalaureate credits may be applied to the Bates academic record.
Departments will establish course equivalencies where appropriate. The equivalency is applied towards general education and degree requirements according to the department’s established policy regarding AP credit.
Dates & Deadlines
- October 31 – Last day for withdrawal for Fall 2014 semester courses (drops)
- November 1 – 7: Registration for Winter 2015 semester
- November 14: Petitions due TO faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- November 21: Petitions due FROM faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- December 1: Winter 2015 registration adjustment period (add/drop) period opens for all students