Bates College offers official transcripts to current and former students. They may be sent either via U.S. Mail or Email (via secure pdf) and there is no charge. Please see ordering instructions below.
Submit a Request Online:
(Available for Current Students and Alumni from the classes of 2000 forward)
You may order an official transcript(s) online through the Garnet Gateway (formerly called “No Line, On Line”) using your Bates ID and pin. Simply log into the Garnet Gateway and click on “Student Records” then “Request Official Transcript.” If you have forgotten your Bates ID or pin please contact the Bates HelpDesk at 207-786-8222 for assistance or please mail a signed request as instructed below.
Submit a request by Mail or Fax:
You may order an official transcript(s) by mailing or faxing a signed request letter including the following elements:
- Your name (printed). If your name was different when you attended Bates College, please list both names.
- Your date of birth.
- The year you graduated or years you attended Bates College.
- Your phone number.
- The number of copies you would like and where you would like us to send them.
- Your signature.
Bates is pleased to offer this service to students, former students and alumni at no charge.
Requests may be mailed to:
Office of the Registrar and Academic Systems
attn: Transcript Requests
44 Mountain Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240
It is very important that the request letter is signed. We are unable to release any transcripts without your signature.
Current students with access to the Garnet Gateway may print unofficial copies of their transcript by logging into the Garnet Gateway and selecting the “Student Records Menu” and then “View Grades, Courses, and GPA.” Once the transcript is displayed, it can be printed using the print button on the browser. Please contact the Registrar’s office with any questions.
Due to the large volume of transcript requests, we ask that requestors do not contact our office to confirm receipt of a request or date the transcript was mailed. Please confirm receipt of the transcript with the person to whom the transcript was mailed rather than with our office. The status of transcripts ordered through the Garnet Gateway may be viewed through the “Request Official transcript” link by clicking on “Check Request Status.”
End of Semester Transcript Requests and Grading Policy
We recommend that students check their deadlines carefully and order official transcripts early. If a deadline falls during registration, end of semester, or graduation, please allow extra time. Please inform the office of any deadlines you are under so that we can give those transcript requests first priority.
Dates & Deadlines
- October 31 – Last day for withdrawal for Fall 2014 semester courses (drops)
- November 1 – 7: Registration for Winter 2015 semester
- November 14: Petitions due TO faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- November 21: Petitions due FROM faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- December 1: Winter 2015 registration adjustment period (add/drop) period opens for all students