At Bates, faculty are able to utilize the Garnet Gateway to submit course proposals online.
Proposals are entered through the “Course Proposal System” under the “Course Maintenance Menu” in the Garnet Gateway. Faculty can enter and save their work on a course in this online form and return to it at a later date. Once it is complete, there is a button on the last page that allows the faculty member to send the proposal to their department/program chair for review and approval, as well as to the chair(s) of any potential cross-listing department/programs if appropriate. Once chair approvals are obtained the proposal electronically moves to the Registrar for a number, to the Catalog editor for review, and then to the Curriculum and Calendar Committee for final review.
Please direct any questions to the chair of the CCC or the Registrar’s office.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens