AP, IB and A-Levels
Bates College offers credit by examination for students who participate in the Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or A-Level Examination programs.
Students who enter as first-year students must earn at least twenty-four Bates credits in order to be awarded a Bates degree. With thirty-two course credits (plus two Short Term Course credits) required for the degree, up to eight non-Bates credits may be applied toward the total. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, A-Level Examination, and transfer credits are all considered non-Bates credit and may not exceed eight credits in total.
Dates & Deadlines
- December 2 – 7:00 am Winter 2014 Registration adjustment (add/drop) period opens for all students
- December 7 – 23 Course evaluation
- December 10 – 8:00 am Final Examinations begin
- Dec. 14 – Final Examinations end
- December 26 – Fall 2013 Final Grades available for student viewing on Garnet Gateway
- January 6, 8:00 am Classes begin, Winter 2014 semester