AP, IB and A-Levels
Bates College offers credit by examination for students who participate in the Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or A-Level Examination programs.
Students who enter as first-year students must earn at least twenty-four Bates credits in order to be awarded a Bates degree. With thirty-two course credits (plus two Short Term Course credits) required for the degree, up to eight non-Bates credits may be applied toward the total. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, A-Level Examination, and transfer credits are all considered non-Bates credit and may not exceed eight credits in total.
Dates & Deadlines
- Februrary 28 – Last day for withdrawal from Winter 2014 semester courses (drops)
- March 8 – 14: Registration for on-campus Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 semester
- March 21: Petitions due to faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 28: Student petitions due from faculty for Fall 2014 semester courses
- March 31, 7:00 am: Short Term 2014 and Fall 2014 registration adjustment (add/drop) opens