AP, IB and A-Levels
Bates College offers credit by examination for students who participate in the Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, or A-Level Examination programs.
Students who enter as first-year students must earn at least twenty-four Bates credits in order to be awarded a Bates degree. With thirty-two course credits (plus two Short Term Course credits) required for the degree, up to eight non-Bates credits may be applied toward the total. Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, A-Level Examination, and transfer credits are all considered non-Bates credit and may not exceed eight credits in total.
Dates & Deadlines
- October 31 – Last day for withdrawal for Fall 2014 semester courses (drops)
- November 1 – 7: Registration for Winter 2015 semester
- November 14: Petitions due TO faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- November 21: Petitions due FROM faculty for Winter 2015 semester courses
- December 1: Winter 2015 registration adjustment period (add/drop) period opens for all students