Bates has a college-wide license for Qualtrics.
Qualtrics is an easy-to-use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. Bates’ customized version of Qualtrics is available to all current faculty, staff and students.
- Login with your Bates username and password at bates.qualtrics.com
- Once in Qualtrics, click on “Create Survey”
- If you are a student, please confirm your email and year of graduation
Help Us Help You
To better support the data gathering and analysis needs of the Bates community, the Office of Institutional Research, Analysis & Planning would like to know more about your survey. Please help us, either before or after you create your survey, by answering a few questions.
Learn about Qualtrics
- Learn Qualtrics in 5 Easy Steps
- Creating a Survey
- Qualtrics FAQs
- Advanced Survey Building
- Learn more about the science of survey design and analysis
- Qualtrics offers support 9am – 8pm EST. Call 800-340-9194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Institutional Research or Help Desk Services
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Qualtrics different from other web survey tools?
Unlike Survey Monkey or other web survey tools, Qualtrics provides robust online support and training along with a full suite of survey tools. These include data protection; anonymous and targeted invitations; tracking participation and survey reminders; ability to share survey libraries; and support for traditional and media-based questions.
What’s the Institutional Review Board (IRB)?
The Bates Institutional Review Board approves research projects involving the use of human participants. Please consult the IRB web site to determine if your survey requires IRB approval.
As a survey author, you determine who has access to your data.
As a survey respondent, you can expect to know prior to taking a survey how your data will be handled.
Qualtrics should not be used for long-term storage or transmission of sensitive or confidential data.