Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Locations
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the campus.
AEDs are emergency medical devices used when a person is experiencing cardiac arrest, delivering an electrical shock designed to return the heart to its normal rhythm. Bates maintains a number of these devices in fixed locations on campus, as well as portable units in our Security vehicles and for use by our Athletic Trainers and Health Care Providers.
Readily accessible AEDs are located in many of the College’s primary public venues, such as museums, athletic facilities, and dining hall.
Faculty and staff interested in learning how to use an AED, in conjunction with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), should contact Supervisor Adam Mayo at (207) 786-6254 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please contact Security at (207) 786-6254 or Environmental Health & Safety at (207) 786-6413 with any questions.
New Commons- 136 Central Ave
Alumni Gym- 130 Central Ave
- Merrill Gym- 141 Russell Street
- Underhill Ice Arena- 145 Russell Street
Davis Fitness Center- 145 Russell Street
- Bates Squash Center- 56 Alfred Plourde Parkway
Bates Health Center- 31 Campus Ave
- Bates EMS- Vehicle and Office- 56 Campus Ave
- Bates Security- Vehicle- 245 College Street
- Bates Athletics- Athletic Trainers- All Sporting Events