ACS: Assistant PGill Front Desk (Room 154) (S9991B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Assistant for the front desk of Pettengill will help provide a friendly environment to all people coming into the building. He or she will deal with inquiries face to face and on the phone. Hours are needed from 8:00AM-7:00PM, Sunday through Saturday.
Please Note: This Student Assistant will be alone and asked to work independently and responsibly.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Greet persons who approach the front desk
- Direct persons to correct destinations
- Deal with queries from visitors, professors, students
- Answer the telephone and direct calls when appropriate
- Provide information to callers
- Perform general clerical support as requested by supervisor
- Receive and sort mail deliveries
- Tidy and maintain the reception area and equipment