ACS: Student Assistant Supervisor (S9673C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Student Assistant Supervisor is responsible for supervising student workers at the reception desk located at Pettengill Room 154.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Meet with students at the beginning of each semester to train them
- Monitor students at night and on weekends to see if they need assistance
- Set up periodic meetings with Denise Begin to discuss the student reception position/area.
- Answer the phone
- Greet and assist front desk traffic
- Perform clerical duties as required
- Maintain office equipment
- Report problems or suspicious behavior to security
Department: Academic Support Services
Supervisor: Denise Begin
Office Location: 154 Pettengill
Pay Grade: C
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
The Student Supervisor must have completed at least one year at Bates. Preferred applicants have experience as a Student Assistant in Pettengill. He or she must create the Student Assistants' schedules and occasionally supervise the Student Assistants at the reception desk.
Reports to Denise Begin and is also responsible for supervising other student workers.
Works in Pettengill Room 154. Frequent use of basic office technology is required.