ADM: Overnight Host Coordinator (S9984C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Because of the importance of the admission overnight hosting program, as well as the issues related to high school students spending the night on a college campus, this is an especially serious position demanding hands-on management and a particularly high sense of maturity and responsibility. Overnight coordinators are supported by the Office of Admission, but are given the trust and independence to run the overnight program with minimal intervention from the Admission supervisor.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensure that every prospective student has a safe and comfortable place to stay overnight.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate a network of volunteer student hosts.
- Serve as the first contact for prospectives, hosts, Admission, and/or Security if any problems arise on an overnight.
- Schedule overnight arrangements for special Admission events, including assisting with the Prologue to Bates and Preface to Bates programs as necessary.
- Meet with the CATs Supervisor Program on a regular basis.
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
At least one year at Bates College; strong organizational, communication and managerial skills; ability to deal with emergencies calmly and responsibly; a creative problem solver.
Time management and teamwork skills are a must.
The coordinators must be comfortable working with parents, students, peers and professionals and be comfortable communicating via phone and email.
A knack for recruiting and mobilizing student volunteers; some previous experience with the Admission office/overnight hosting program.
Supervises: 40+ active student host volunteers
Coordinates/Works Closely With: CATs Supervisor, office manager, Admission receptionist, student volunteers, Security office, Physical Plant, Diversity Outreach Coordinators