ADM: Summer Intern/Tourguide (S9956X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
**In order to be considered for this position, please fill out the attached application and drop it off at the Office of Admission.**
The intern is a very important part of the Bates Office of Admission. Summer Interns provide prospective students and families with a personal glimpse of life here. Often, that glimpse is the deciding factor in a prospective student’s decision to apply to and enroll at Bates. In addition to tours, the intern is expected to assist the Deans with group information sessions and to assist the staff with various tasks ranging from receptionist responsibilities to office projects. Summer interns are also expected to assist with summer admission events, including panels and special event tours.
Responsibilities & Tasks
1. Conduct multiple tours a day and assist deans and counselors with group information sessions on a regular basis.
2. Plan and facilitate ongoing enrichment sessions for the Office of Admission.
3. Assist with various duties around the office including but not limited to, receptionist responsibilities, office projects and phone-a-thons.
4. Assist with admission events as needed.
5. Keep our social media campaigns up to date and current over the summer months.