ADM: Summer Intern/Tourguide (S9956X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The intern is a very important part of the Bates Office of Admission. Summer Interns provide prospective students and families with a personal glimpse of life here. Often, that glimpse is the deciding factor in a prospective student’s decision to apply to and enroll at Bates. In addition to tours, the intern is expected to assist the Deans with group information sessions and to assist the staff with various tasks ranging from receptionist responsibilities to office projects. Summer interns are also expected to assist with summer admission events, including panels and special event tours.
At least one year at Bates College. Student must be comfortable greeting the public and be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people. Additionally students must be prepared to spend a great deal of time outdoors in the summer and be able to maintain a positive, welcoming attitude at all times. Previous experience as a Tour Guide is desirable, but not required.
Responsibilities & Tasks
1. Conduct multiple tours a day and assist deans and counselors with group information sessions on a regular basis.
2. Plan and facilitate ongoing enrichment sessions for the Office of Admission.
3. Assist with various duties around the office including but not limited to, receptionist responsibilities, office projects and phone-a-thons.
4. Assist with admission events as needed.
5. Keep our social media campaigns up to date and current over the summer months.
How to Apply: