ADM: Tour Guide Coordinator (S9987C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Tour Guides serve as the “front lines” of the Bates College Office of Admission, and the Tour Guide coordinators are responsible for the management, oversight, and planning of all tours and Tour Guide shifts. Responsibilities include listserv management, construction of the schedule of coverage, hiring, training, quality control all while supporting the unity and development of the team.
At least one year as a Tour Guide for Bates College; strong organizational, communication and managerial skills; ability to deal with emergencies calmly and responsibly; a creative problem solver. Teamwork and attention to detail are a must. Punctuality in email, phone and text message responses. The TGCs must be comfortable working with parents, students, peers and professionals.
Student should have a knack for recruiting and mobilizing students; a deep commitment to Bates’s mission statement and a vast knowledge of campus and school history.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist with the hiring, training and management of all Tour Guides.
- Construct and maintain an up-to-date schedule of tour coverage.
- Ensure that all tour data is recorded in the Tour Guide book in a timely manner.
- Assist in the scheduling and planning of mandatory tour guide meetings.
- Support the CATs Supervisor in Tour Guide related projects.
How to Apply:
Click on the link below