ADV: Alumni College Assistant (S9955X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Alumni College is a two day event aimed to simulate the college experience for alumni. Alumni will have the opportunity to attend lectures and field trips, stay in college residence halls, and eat in Commons. Two Alumni College Assistants will work directly with Alumni and Parent Engagement staff and alumni throughout the course of the two day event to make sure attendees experience the full breadth of what the event offers. These two assistants will serve as hosts to alumni attendees throughout the two day event, and will work directly with the alums on campus, giving help wherever and whenever it is needed. Alumni College Assistants are expected to stay in designated Alumni College residences halls on Sunday and Monday night and be available to alums after hours. Alumni College Assistants will also assist staff with set-up Sunday afternoon, registration on Monday, and end of the day activities and clean-up on Tuesday.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Help with set-up and registration.
- On Sunday afternoon – Help transport materials to the registration site.
- Assist alums who may be staying overnight on Sunday evening – Assistants must take care of any special requests made by the alum (pillows, towels, blankets, soap, etc.)
- Escort attendees to classrooms and other event locations
- Eat meals in Commons with the alums
- Must be available and accessible at all times.
- Help transport materials back to Alumni House and assist with event clean-up
- Answer questions, give directions, make sure everyone on campus is happy
Department: College Advancement
Supervisor: Kim M. Goding
Office Location: 67 Campus Ave, Alumni House
Pay Grade: X
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Alumni College Assistants are required to have a US or International Drivers License. Assistants must have completed high school. Experience in administrative work is desired. The position requires great leadership skills, customer service skills, a positive attitude, and lots of energy.
Reports to: Kim Goding Coordinates/Works closely with: Alumni and Parent Engagement staff, alumni Student Supervisory Responsibilities - Yes or No? (if yes, please explain):
Environment: Various locations on campus, New Commons, Alumni House