ADV: Bates Fund Student Caller Supervisor (S9804X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Assistant Director, the Bates Fund Student Caller Supervisors will be responsible for the daily operation of the Bates Fund student calling program.
Supervisors will be required to make weekly meetings to update the Assistant Director about issues throughout the shifts and be expected to show up early to setup as well as stay later to shut down. This includes preparation prior to each calling session, supervision of each session, and statistical breakdown of each session. Supervisors will also be required to call during shifts.
A team of four supervisors will cover all calling shifts for the program, with two supervisors working each shift. Supervisors will be available to work a minimum of three shifts per week, one of which will be a Sunday shift. The Student Calling Program operates for eight weeks during both the fall and winter semesters, and four weeks during Short Term. Calling shifts will be held Sunday from 1:00PM-4:00PM and Sunday from 6:00PM-9:00PM, and Monday through Thursday from 6:30PM-9:00PM. Supervisors will be expected to arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to each calling shift to prepare the calling stations and will be expected to stay thirty minutes following the completion of calling in order to break down the calling stations and complete nightly reports. Supervisors will also attend weekly meetings with the Assistant Director, at a day and time to be determined as mutually convenient.
Note: Supervisors must be trustworthy, as a great deal of confidential information regarding alumni and parents will be available at all times
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Support the Assistant Director in the hiring and initial training of new callers, as well as on-going training and review sessions throughout the semester
- Supervise the nightly calling sessions and ensure that performance goals are met
- Set up and break down calling stations for each scheduled night of calling
- Along with the Assistant Director, maintain the supply of call sheets, making sure that various constituencies are labeled and separated, The Supervisor must alert the Assistant Director if the supply of call sheets needs to be replenished earlier than planned or if extra sessions are required to complete constituency.
- Develop creative and innovative incentives and motivational plans to minimize caller turnover, maximize caller productivity and happiness, and maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain caller schedules and attendance at nightly calling sessions; account for hours worked by students
- Evaluate caller performance and diagnose causes of variance from performance goals
- Continue to call donors for a time to be determined by Assistant Director
- Complete nightly reports on the performance of the callers and the results of the calls, sorted by constituency
- Communicate with the Annual Giving staff, acting as the liaison between the callers and the staff to be sure that everyone’s needs are met
- Other duties as assigned