ADV: Social Media and Online Specialist (S9979B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Advancement Social Media Specialist assists with a wide variety of communication and marketing related projects for the Advancement team, with particular concentration on enhancing social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.).
The Social Media Specialist must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail. He or she must also possess practical and working knowledge of online media and be enthusiastic about Bates College.
REQUIRED: EXPERIENCE: The applicant must have demonstrated experience and competency with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. This student must have intermediate experience with digital imaging equipment (digital still and video cameras, scanners, etc.). DESIRED:
EDUCATION: Marketing, web design, and/or online media
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- The Social Media Specialist must uphold media and communications guidelines for Bates College.
- Makes updates to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other sites weekly
- Creates videos for YouTube and other sites
- Posts pictures, links and Bates-related news to all of the social media platforms
- Research and write weekly articles for The Student newspaper and
- Clerical tasks
- Other tasks and projects as needed
- The Social Media Specialist must maintain clear and reliable communication with project leaders with regard to design specifications, progress, and deadlines.