AVC: Print Shop Head Monitor (S9973C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
This student will be responsible for supervising student monitors and for maintaining the print shop inventory. He or she will be responsible for posting open hours and supervising the print shop in the absence of faculty. In addition, this student will edit Prof. Johnson’s prints.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Posts work schedule establishing when the shop will be open outside of class
- Sets up meetings and communications with shop Monitors as needed
- Tracks inventory and purchases materials as needed including submitting receipts
- When appropriate, duties may include pulling editions of Professor Johnson’s prints
Department: Art and Visual Culture
Supervisor: Pamela Johnson
Office Location: Olin Center, Room 315
Pay Grade: C
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Professor Johnson will contact students herself.
Required Education: Studio arts major with emphasis on printmaking.
Desired Experience: Previous studio arts courses in intaglio printmaking.
Reports to: Professor Johnson
Supervises: Print Shop
Coordinates/Works closely with: Etching workshop students
• Oversees use of the Print Shop in the absence of faculty, ensuring that students follow safe practices as established in class
• Coordinates Print Shop Monitors
• Maintains shop inventory
Environment: Print Shop
Travel Requirements: This student must have access to a vehicle.
Machines & Equipment Used: Printing presses, acid bath, solvent cabinet, solvent wash, hot plate, paper cutter, inking station, computer, photocopier, and aquatint box.