BIO: 270 Teaching Assistant (S9949B )
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Teaching Assistants assist the lab AI and faculty member in the lab and in the field. May include becoming a certified van driver. TAs provide logistical support and help answer questions for students. TAs also help train students in hands-on field and lab techniques.
- Must have taken Bio 270; Bio stats (or similar) recommended
- Proficiency with Excel, Prism, Google docs, and Microsoft Word
- Van certified driver (recommended strongly)
- Interest in ecology/evolution
- Proficient with tools and techniques used in the field
- Outdoor training a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
Mostly in lab, but we usually take two field trips under potentially harsh winter conditions. TAs are expected to participate in all field trips and model common sense dress/behavior under adverse weather and field conditions.
How to Apply: