FS: Recycling Assistant (S9759B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Recycling Assistants will monitor stations in residential buildings. This work involves the sorting and separation of desirable recycled materials.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Working independently
- Sorting materials collected in recycling bins
- Assuring that proper information is posted at recycling stations
- Distributing recycling information to the student body and others when necessary
- Adhering to college work behavior expectations and payroll practices as outlined on the Bates Student Employment Website
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Department: Facility Services
Supervisor: Virginia Sturgis
Office Location: Physical Plant
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
A training session for Recycling Assistants will be held.
Recycling Assistants report to the Recycling Student Manager, and work closely with other Recycling Assistants.
Recycling Assistants most often work in student resident halls. They must be able to travel from dorm to dorm on-campus, and lift 25lbs.