ILS: Bibliographic Services Student Specialist (S9847B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Bibliographic Services Student Specialist will do the processing of library book and non-book orders, material receipts, cataloging, and maintenance. He or she must be able to follow detailed instructions and work independently.
- Please Note: This position provides no time for studying on the job.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Labeling and bar-coding materials
- Processing federal depository items
- Processing periodicals
- Packing of weeded library material and other inventory
- Shelving and shelving documents
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
EDUCATION: High School completion
EXPERIENCE: This student must have keyboard skills.
EDUCATION: Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, and curriculum-related interest in books, film or music
EXPERIENCE: Library bibliographic services or other library experience
MACHINES & EQUIPMENT USED: Computers, photocopiers, library materials, and processing equipment