ILS: Senior Audio/Visual Technician (S9608X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Senior A/V Technician will be responsible for helping faculty and staff with audio and visual inquiries and difficulties.
This student must have strong customer service skills, and basic soldering and crimping skills. He or she must be able to work independently under pressure and with deadlines, and be able to read and create schematic drawings. This student must have an understanding of how audio and visual flow through multiple mixers, switchers, and matrices.
EDUCATION: Completion of one year of college
EXPERIENCE: The Senior A/V Technician must have one year A/V experience or equivalent. He or she must also have experience with live sound and video applications and experience troubleshooting A/V equipment including an understanding of the inner workings of Bates classroom equipment.
EDUCATION: Completion of two or more years of college
EXPERIENCE: Two to four years of audio/visual experience and experience running large-scale concert and video events
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as project manager for live event support, including supervising student A/V specialists
- Frequently works independently to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Helps in the design of A/V equipment
- Provides general maintenance and troubleshooting support for classroom A/V gear
- Installs new campus A/V systems
- Researches, resolves, and responds to client service requests received via phone, walk-up, and e-mail within a timely manner
- Provides weekend and evening support when required
- Works with CTES staff to determine appropriate gear for campus events
- Sets up and operates sound recording and reinforcement gear, video projection equipment and other associated A/V gear per client specifications
- Operates installed projection and sound equipment during lectures and presentations
- Provides video duplication services including capturing, compressing and DVD creation
How to Apply:
Click on the link below