ILS: Senior Student Technology Assistant for Faculty and Staff Support (S9667X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Senior Student Technology Assistant for Faculty and Staff Support is responsible for providing customer support and technical assistance to the faculty, staff and students within the Bates College Community. The Senior Student Technology Assistant for Faculty and Staff Support works directly with the Help Desk Services Professional Staff, Manager of Help Desk Services, and interacts with Network, Administrative, Academic and Repair personnel to provide superior service to the members of the college community. The Senior Student Technology Assistant for Faculty and Staff Support is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to networking, computer software, and general computing failures, while minimizing client downtime and lost productivity.
Student should have previous experience as a Student Technology Assistant.This student must have a strong aptitude for providing superior customer service. He or she must have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills, and the ability to work in a high-paced continually charging environment. This student must also enjoy problem solving, troubleshooting, and challenges and have the desire to learn and succeed.
Specific responsibilites include, but may not limited to:
- Communicates critical information to the Help Desk Services Team, and the Help Desk Services Support Partners and Management
- Enters data in tracking software
- Reviews open incidents to ensure that proper follow-up, customer contact, and quality assurance standards are being fulfilled.
- Works closely with the Help Desk Services Team and the Help Desk Services Manager to develop and maintain high levels of customer and technical services
- Researches, resolves, and responds to client service requests received via phone, voicemail, email, instant messaging, and in person within a timely manner
- Provides superior customer service practices, excellent communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills
- Analyzes problems and determines appropriate action
- Dispatches other resources as necessary
- Provides instruction to faculty, staff and students on the use of supported academic and administrative software
- Minimizes client downtime and lost productivity
- Participates in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Help Desk Services
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Click on the link below