ILS: Senior Student Technology Assistant (S9842C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Senior Student Technology Assistant will be responsible for supervising the Help Desk Services Team in providing advanced technical knowledge within the department. The Senior Student Technology Assistant is also responsible for providing advanced customer and technical assistance to clients within the Bates College Community. He or she will work closely with Help Desk Services to provide superior assistance to the members of the college community. The Senior Student Technology Assistant will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to mechanical, computer software, and software failures.
The Senior Student Technology Assistant must be responsible, reliable, mature, and have good communication skills. He or she must have an aptitude for providing excellent service, and the desire to learn and succeed. He or she must also be able to work in a high-paced environment. It is crucial that the Student Technology Assistant enjoys problem solving.
EXPERIENCE: Student must have previous experience as a Student Technology Assistant.
This student must have extensive background in Macintosh and PC operations, including hardware, software, and networking. He or she must also have advanced experience supporting the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems family, the Microsoft Office Productivity family, Google Chrome, Gmail, Google Calendar and other applications within an academic environment.
EXPERIENCE: The ability to work well with other people, including students, faculty and staff, and a willingness to take on new challenges, and familiarity with UNIX operating systems
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Researches, resolves, and responds to client service requests within a timely manner
- Analyzes hardware, software, and networking problems, and then decides on actions to be taken
- Works closely with Help Desk Services Team to develop and maintain high levels of quality services
- Provides services during evenings and weekends when required
- Dispatches other resources as necessary
- Communicates critical information to the Help Desk Services Team, Help Desk Services Support Partners, and Management concerning system interruptions and problems
- Works closely with the Help Desk Services Team and Manager of Help Desk Services to develop and maintain high levels of customer and technical services
- Participates in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of Help Desk Services
- Participates in Help Desk Services Team meetings and professional growth training
- Troubleshoots and maintains all printer related issues, including jams, toner, and paper replacements.
- Trains and mentors Help Desk Student Technology Assistants in troubleshooting techniques, online resources and Bates Help Desk Computer policies and procedures
- Maintains professional and courteous behavior to all clients and coworkers
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workspace
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply: