ILS: Technology Team Leader (S9674X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Student Technology Team Leader is responsible for oversight of and the general operations of the Student Technology Assistants Team, including Team Training, Scheduling, Payroll & Time Sheet Processing, and the monitoring of work shifts/hours. This student leadership position works closely with the Manager of Help Desk Services to ensure departmental policies and procedures are being followed and are consistent throughout the Help Desk Services Student Technology Assistants Team. He or she is also responsible for providing advanced technical support (Tier 3) and knowledge to the Student Technology Assistants Team (Primary) as well as to the students, faculty, and staff (Secondary) of Bates College.
The Technology Team Leader must have a strong aptitude for providing superior customer service and have strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills. He or she must be able to work in a high paced environment with faculty, staff, and students, and be able to fulfill directed tasks within a team setting. He or she must also enjoy troubleshooting, problem solving, and challenges.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Communicates critical information to the Help Desk Services Team, Help Desk Services Support Partners, Management, and the Student Technology Assistants Team
- Enters data in tracking software
- Reviews open incidents to ensure proper follow-up, customer contact, and quality assurance standards are being fulfilled
- Reviews open incidents and provides troubleshooting assistance, and documents recommendations on final resolutions
- Reviews past and closed incidents for accuracy and consistency, then provides feedback to the Student Technology Assistants Team
- Analyzes Tier 3 hardware, software, and networking problems, and then decides on actions to be taken
- Other duties as assigned