CP: Marketing & Operations Intern, Purposeful Work Initiative (S9640C)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The intern will support the Design Team working on the Purposeful Work Initiative. The intern will primarily assist with the launch and management of Bates’ new Purposeful Work Internship Program. Through internships specifically designated for Bates students – and through positions that are independently secured by students – the Purposeful Work Internship program will empower students to test their passions, build their skills, develop their networks, reflect on their learnings, and connect their experiences on and off campus.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Commitment to representing Bates, the Purposeful Work Initiative and the Purposeful Work Internship Program with professionalism, internally and externally
• Comfort and a degree of fluency with online application systems (experience with such technological systems not required; proficiency to learn and master quickly a must)
• Fluency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Ability to work independently, proactively seeking out resources as needed
• Interest in the Purposeful Work Initiative
Playing an integral role in operations and analytics, campus marketing efforts, and employer research, the intern will contribute to the successful launch of this innovative, new program on the Bates campus while gaining exposure and deepening skills in stakeholder management, operations, and efficient prioritization.
The intern will also engage in outreach and marketing for other programmatic elements of the Purposeful Work Initiative, including the Purposeful Work Infusion Project. For that project, the intern will plan and execute workshops for co-curricular activities and clubs about purposeful work-related topics, such as creating a group resume, making the most of collegiate experiences and gaining clarity about strengths and interests.
Weekly hours are flexible. Ideal start date is mid- to late to October. The internship will last throughout the 2014-15 academic year.
How To Apply:
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE VIA JOBCAT. Please do NOT apply via the link below.