OFF: Mail Services Clerk/Courier (S9628X)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
SUMMER POSTING: This position assists the Chase Hall Post Office Supervisor with the intake, presort, processing, and delivery of USPS mail and parcels, UPS, FEDEX, and DHL mail parcels.
Please Note: Driver Certification is required.
Pay Rate: Academic year $8.25 Summer $8.50
Specific responsibilites include, but may not be limited to:
- Receives and sorts campus or department mail by department and prepares bundles of mail parcels for delivery. Receives USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL and on campus parcels and mail.
- Develops thorough knowledge of campus addresses, buildings, departments and personnel
- Operates mail delivery vehicles: golf carts and mini van (Bates Driver Certified)
- Receives and sorts outgoing intercampus mail and delivers this mail to all buildings on campus
- Locates proper addresses and makes corrections for misdirected mail – assures that campus mail is delivered to the correct location in a timely manner
- May be asked to wait on customers (infrequent)
- May be asked to assist in dispensing packages from the Chase Hall Package Pickup area