PE/ATH: Alpine Ski Instructor ()
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
All Physical Education Instructors must be able to do the following:
- Take attendance for each class so that students can receive PE credit.
- Take care of any equipment used for class. This includes properly storing and locking equipment after class.
- Find replacements to teach your class if you are unable to teach due to illness.
- Keep up on current information and research on techniques and health issues.
- Act as a professional, teaching correct techniques, form, and proper exercise habits.
Department: Physical Education / Athletics
Supervisor: Jon Furbush
Office Location: Merrill Gym
Hours: 3 per week
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
Must have experience teaching skiing and must be an advanced skier. Instructor Certification is desired.
The Alpine Ski Instructor will teach beginner skiers how to Alpine ski at Lost Valley during the first five weeks of the winter semester. He or she must be able to drive a van to Lost Valley.