ADV: Reunion Camp Bates Counselor (S9997C )
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Bates Reunion Weekend is a four-day signature campus event. Over 1,000 alumni and friends from 14 reunioning classes return to campus to reconnect, reminisce, and celebrate their Bates experience. The Camp Bates Children’s Program offers activities for children ages 4 to 13 so that children can have fun while their parents participate in other Reunion programs.
Camp Bates Counselors aid the Camp Bates Coordinator in preparing and facilitating activities for the children’s program and are responsible for the care and needs of the children registered for Camp Bates.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Prepare, set up, and clean up all Camp Bates activities — includes extensive walking and moving boxes of crafts and games to different campus locations.
- Welcome campers and play ice-breaker games
- Be responsible for 4 to 6 children over the weekend — each counselor is assigned to an age group:
- Ages 4 to 6, 7 to 9, or 10 to 13
- The counselor must know where these children are at all times and be aware of allergies or health conditions they may have.
- The counselor must inform the Coordinator when one of their assigned children has been signed in or out by their parents.
- Counselors are also required to distribute snacks and juice/water throughout the weekend, as well as dinner on Saturday evening and both prepare the children and clean up after
- Entertain and engage the children with games and activities.
- Be willing to adapt to each child’s individual needs and work with other counselors to do so.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and positive Bates ambassador to alumni and their families, and be professional, helpful, and flexible.
- The minimum time requirements is Thursday, June 8 through Sunday, June 11. High level of activity and long hours anticipated.
- Food and accommodations are provided to call Camp Bates Counselors during Reunion Weekend.