SA: Accessibility Advisor (S99997)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
The Accessibility Advisor will support and contribute to the development of programming and campus awareness activities through the Office of Accessible Education and Student Support. The student in this role will also provide mentorship to incoming and newly disclosing students and assist in an optional orientation for new students in the fall semester.
This position is per diem and hours/schedule will be structured around programing needs and meetings with students, not to exceed an average of 5 hours per week.
- Assist with Programming
- Work with Assistant Dean to develop and execute programming (for example: faculty workshops, orientation session for new students, trainings for staff)
- Meet One-on-One with Students
- Work with incoming/newly disclosing students to provide mentorship and support on issues including self-advocacy, how to talk with professors about accommodations/disability, procedures for scheduling an exam, using AIM, training on assistive technology, and connecting to other campus resources
- Assist in Development of Resources
- Work with Assistant Dean to develop resources for students, faculty, and staff related to accessible education