SA: Campus Life Student Assistant (S9651B)
Summary, Scope, and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist with general daily office operations and responsibilities.
- Campus Life Assistants will take shifts on Mondays and Thursdays during the Fall 2016 semester. Shifts begin at 10:00 am and end at 4:00pm.
- Campus Life Assistants will work closely with Campus Life staff to carry out key responsibilities for the office
- Assisting with event logistics, managing office social media and implementing new strategies and ideas to improve Campus Life events, social media, and the office as a whole
- Assisting with general office responsibilities and tasks
- Attending at least two Campus Life-sponsored events each semester (WDWs, LABs)
- Being able to provide students and visitors with basic knowledge of Campus Life
- Collecting payment and sign-ups for various Campus Life events (buses, tickets)
Department: Student Affairs
Supervisor: Carson Dockum
Office Location: Chase Hall
Pay Grade: B
Qualifications, Requirements, and Responsibilities
• Friendly and positive demeanor, organized, and responsible • Intermediate level of word processing skills • Familiarity and competence with social media (advanced knowledge preferred) • Respect for confidentiality of conversations within the office • Must be able to respond to office communications in a timely manner • Experience, skill and interest in social media, web management, graphic design/ poster design, publicity, or project management. General familiarity with our office’s programs and events. Preference to work study students.
Office Assistants will report to Carson Dockum. They will work closely with each other and Campus Life staff. They will also interact heavily with College students and staff.
Office environment to include frequent use of telephone, computer, ipad, and multifunctional printer. Job is overall sedentary